Operating since 1992, Listening Ear is a well-established counselling and support organisation that provides therapeutic services for people aged six and upwards. Based in Halewood, Merseyside, we are a growing social enterprise.
Listening Ear is one of only two organisations in the whole of Merseyside accredited by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
We offer the following services:
- Listening and counselling for adults living in Knowsley or registered with a Knowsley GP.
- Listening and counselling for 16 to 25 year olds living anywhere in the North West of England.
- An award winning (annually since 2006) activity-based therapy service for children and young people aged 11–17 living anywhere in the North West of England and younger children aged 6 and upwards who live in Knowsley or who have a Knowsley GP.
- A ‘Retain’ counselling service for Knowsley residents at risk of losing their employment due to work-related mental health issues such as anxiety or stress.
- We also run a monthly Friendship After Bereavement (FAB) Group that can offer support from those who have experienced the loss of a loved one first hand.
In all cases, services are delivered from our dedicated premises in Halewood with additional outreach services available in some cases.
Listening Ear has a specialism in supporting children, young people and adults who have experienced loss such as: bereavement - including murder, manslaughter and suicide - divorce and family break-up. However, we help people experiencing a wide range of issues in addition to this. Those experiencing domestic violence; with low self-esteem; anxiety; depression; stress; health problems; job-loss; debt; panic attacks; trauma and flash-backs. You are welcome to self-refer to our services and do not need to go through your GP. Just use the enquiry form on the right. If you prefer to contact your GP first, this is fine too. We can offer you a warm, friendly and discreet service.